Human evolution has come a long long way, However we haven't quite evolved enough from our ape ancestors to lose the uncool body hair.. So we turn to shaving, laser hair removal, and waxing. These are just a few things that go through our mind...
1. The first step is admitting there is a problem. The second step is booking an appointment. The third is attending your appointment!
2. Sometimes it helps to go with a friend! Those who get tortured together, stay together! Bonus: Find your Samantha from Sex In The City who is going to call you out on your furry bits needing a wax.
3. Although waiting until bikini season to start waxing sounds like a great idea, it's actually best if you start before bikini season so that the hair gets into a cycle and your skin has time to adjust. For the best results you want to get waxed every 4-6 weeks.
5. The first time is always the worst... but I promise that it does get better! The best attitude you can have going into a wax appointment is knowing its going to hurt for a second.. but the results are so worth the process! Bonus: Invest in a numbing cream! It will make you less sensitive to the hair removal process.
6. I know its hard to grow your hair out long enough to wax, it needs to be at least 4-6 weeks of growth so the wax can pick it up! Embrace the winter fur. However, You don't want to wait longer than 7 weeks because the longer the hair is, the more it will pull which means more pain! STICK TO A ROUTINE! Bonus: Pre-booking is a great way to make sure you stick to every 6 weeks, and ensure you have a spot on the wax bar.
7. Remember that you're actually paying for this service so it doesn't help to swear at the wax technician despite probably wanting to.. Take deep breaths and ask for a pause if you need a moment to collect yourself.
8. Invest in at home aftercare! Exfoliating and moisturizing are essential to keep your skin happy, healthy, and irritation free. Bonus: We recommend and retail a product called "PFB Vanish" which is a chemical exfoliate and moisturizer to help prevent any bumps or ingrown hairs.
9. Reward yourself for making it through, You did it! Welcome to baby soft skin zone. You deserve that cute accessory you saw in the window or that chocolate bar.
10. After 24 hours, start your aftercare and flaunt it! Show off those silky soft legs or bikini bottom.
Thank you for reading! Hope you got a giggle out of this..